Do you know that coconut oil for face is capable of replacing half of the skincare products you normally use? The oil has a positive impact on the skin due to its numerous properties. It can act as a great moisturizer and fight bacteria and inflammation. And mixed with other products in masks and scrubs, coconut oil can grant many benefits to your skin. You can learn it all here and now, just click next!
1. Coconut Oil is the Best Face Moisturizer
Coconut oil is the best face moisturizer because it penetrates your skin easily and locks the moisture in the skin and thus prevents any scaling, itchiness, and dryness. And why do we need to keep the skin moisturized? Because the moisture saves the skin from a number of infections and doesn’t let pollution affect our skin.
If your skin is dry, you can apply the oil after every wash.
- Cleanse the face and pat it dry, using a clean towel, preferably soft.
- Melt a small quantity of oil in the hands.
- Gently massage the coconut oil into the skin.
- In 5 to 10 minutes, the skin will absorb the oil. Then you can remove the excess oil, using a tissue.
If your skin is oily, you can use the oil as a moisturizer only if it does not clog the pores (and it can). So, try it several times, observe the result, and keep using the oil only if no new breakouts appeared.
- Wash the face, using a special mild soap for acne-prone skin, pat dry the face.
- Warm the oil in the hands and then apply it to the face.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water in about 10 minutes.
- Using a soft towel, pat the skin dry.
2. A Homemade Face Mask with Coconut Oil Works Wonders
If you wish to lighten your skin, you can prepare a mask, using turmeric and coconut oil. This mask will also hydrate the skin properly.
- Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric (1 pinch)
- Take a bowl and mix the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to the clean face and let it stay on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face. But it’s advisable to do it with colder water.
- Pat the face dry, using a towel.
3. Makeup Removing Has Never Been Easier
Unlike other makeup removers, coconut oil for face is unlikely to irritate the eyes.
- Rub a little oil between the fingers to get the required consistency and apply it to the area around the eyes.
- Gently massage the oil in circular motions.
- Soak a washcloth in warm water and remove the oil along with the makeup.
- Rinse the face with lukewarm water.
4. Looking for the Gentlest Facial Scrub?
It is possible to prepare a really gentle facial scrub at home. And it is easy!
- Combine cane sugar (half a cup) with coconut oil (one-fourth of a cup) and liquid honey (one-fourth of a cup) and sweetened almond oil (one-fourth of a cup).
- If desired, add another essential oil you love (6 to 8 drops).
- Apply the scrub to the face. Gently exfoliate the skin in circular motions.
- Repeat the procedure one or two times every week for making your skin appear glowing.
Why coconut oil and sugar? The sugar will help exfoliate, while coconut oil will soothe any redness and nourish the skin.
5. Coconut Oil to Deal with Inflammation
Coconut oil for face is often used to relief such skin conditions as allergic reactions, psoriasis, ringworm, and eczema. According to the research, the oil will kill the bacteria and also soothe the damaged dry skin. Itchiness and redness will disappear, as well. Just massage the oil onto the area where you feel discomfort two or three times every day till the symptoms go away.
6. Coconut Oil for Face to Get Rid of Acne
When it comes to treating acne, coconut oil is not universal for all. However, many people do notice that the oil helps decrease the quantity of sebum and thus reduce outbreaks of pustules, pimples, and spots. Plus, the antibacterial qualities of the oil will fight bacteria and deal with inflammation.
To learn if the oil is effective for your skin condition, just try it. It’s also possible to mix it with tea tree oil for a better result. Add tea tree oil (4 drops) to coconut oil (1 tablespoon) and store the mixture in a jar made of glass. Apply the mixture 2 to 3 times per day.
7. Let us Reduce Wrinkles!
Why do wrinkles appear? Usually it happens as a result of the loss of elasticity of the skin and collagen break down. If you use coconut oil regularly, your skin will be more hydrated and collagen won’t break down. Thus, your skin will appear much smoother and wrinkles will be not that noticeable. And this is a scientifically proven fact! Just apply the oil every morning and one to two hours before going to bed, and the premature aging will be prevented.
8. Coconut Oil for Soothing Chapped Lips
Coconut oil is one of the most effective natural remedies when it comes to soothing chapped, dry, or cracked lips. Besides having strong healing and moisturizing qualities, the oil will work best for this task due to the fact that it is not toxic and its taste is delicious. Not all lip balms involve all of those properties! Just take a jar with oil everywhere you go. Normally the oil is solid, so it is not difficult to massage it to lips.
9. Coconut Oil to Heal Cold Sores
Herpes type 1 can cause cold sores, also called fever blisters. These cold sores cause huge discomfort that can be reduced if you apply coconut oil. Plus, due to its moisturizing and antimicrobial qualities, the oil will speed up the healing of fever blisters. The application process is easy: just use a cotton swab that is clean and apply a little oil not only to the affected skin but also to the area that surrounds it. And if you manage to foresee the appearance of cold sores and apply the oil before they emerge, the infection won’t be that severe and quickly spreading.
10. Coconut Oil for Face to Relieve Sunburn
You can apply natural coconut oil to deal with discomfort and redness as a result of sunburn. Besides blisters and burns, the sun can cause the loss of elasticity and drying out of the skin. To reduce the harmful effects of the sun rays, apply the oil to the damaged areas and repeat the procedure two to three times per day. However, the SPF factor of coconut oil is quite low. So, do not try to use it as an alternative for a sunscreen.
We hope these tips how to use coconut oil for face are useful and you will share them with your friends! Do not forget to check for updates!