The Ultimate Guide Into The World Of Complexion Types
There are different types of complexion, and this is definitely not a secret for you. But apart from that, all skin complexion colors have their undertones. These two main factors play a huge role when it comes to the choice of proper skin care products. The thing is that once you miss out one important component – the whole look may be ruined no matter how expensive your cosmetics can be. To save you from all possible kinds of failure, today we are going to talk about all the skin tones and undertones and the things you need to know about them to look flawless.
Click Next to learn more useful info and pin key points!
The first thing you should do is to figure out what is your undertone. You need to bear it in mind that undertone is something that won’t change no matter how much sun you may get. There are three types of undertones – cool, warm and neutral. If you take all the flawless complexion reviews into consideration, you will come to an understanding how important knowing your undertone is. That is why we will help you find your undertone here.
First of all, it is important that you wash your face of all the makeup and wait for about 15 minutes before you proceed. It is important that you are surrounded by natural light, sitting close to the window would suit best. Take a look at your wrists, what color are your veins of?
- Blue – you have a cool undertone.
- Green – you have a warm undertone.
- Neither – you have a neutral undertone.
In case, you wish to have a few alternatives at hand, there are other ways of undertone determination.
So you can grab two towels white and cream-shades. Place it close to your face without makeup. Which one compliments you better?
- White – you have warm undertones.
- Cream – you have cool undertones.
- Both – you have neutral undertones.
You can find out your undertone by paying attention to your jewelry as well. Pick a piece of gold and silver jewelry and put it against your clean face. Which metal compliments you most?
- Gold – you have warm undertone.
- Silver – you have cool undertone.
- Both – you have neutral undertone.
Now, when you are already aware of the undertone that you have, you may still have some doubts as to the skin type. Since there are six different skin types, in general, we decided to discuss all of them here. We welcome you to have a closer look!
1. If Your Skin Is Very Fair
Very often people do not know how to identify skin type properly that is why they may usually fail with proper makeup and not only. No matter the skin tones when it comes to skin that is very fair, it burns instantly when exposed to the sun but it does not tan, that is something that makes it different from all the other skin types.
Among all types of skin colors very fair requires special attention, partially because it is easily affected by the sun. The thing is that even though you do not tan does not mean that sun does not affect you, it does. Sun rays damage very fair skin, and that leads to wrinkles and premature aging, not to mention the possibility of skin cancer.
That is why if you are a fair-skinned queen you need to devote a lot of attention to all possible sunscreens. Wear sunscreen daily, and you will save yourself from lots of troubles in the future.
Tips And Tricks For Very Fair Skin
- It is important to keep your face clean that is why washing your face in the morning and the evening is crucial.
- Use a sunscreen and moisturizer every time you are about to step outside.
- Use a night moisturizer as well.
- Never forget about the eye cream.
2. Things You Need To Know About Fair Skin
What is a fair complexion? Well, it does burn in the sun fast, but it is susceptible to a little tan. As well as with very fair skin, the fair type is not fond of prolonged exposure to the sun. That means that if you are the owner of this skin type – you should better make a sunblock your best friend.
You should keep it in mind that no matter what time of the year it is outside you should not leave your house without a sunscreen on. That will lessen the damage the sun can force on your skin.
Tips And Tricks For Fair Skin
- Do not use a face wash that dries out your skin.
- Use a creamy cleanser for sensitive skin.
- Use a wide-brimmed hat when it is sunny outside.
3. The Advantages Of Medium Skin
It is quite easy to determine skin type that is medium. The thing is that it is neither dark nor fair – something in-between. What is more, medium types of skin are less sensitive than fair ones and can handle a little bit of sun with no damage.
Tips And Tricks For Medium Skin
- Do not forget that your skin needs some moisturizing.
- Use an antioxidant-rich serum to keep your skin fresh and healthy.
- Do not use waxy creams not to clog your pores.
- Stay hydrated.
4. The Beauty Of Olive Skin
Olive skin is known for its resistance to sunburns even though it gets tan when exposed to the sunlight. Usually, the olive skin has warm undertones, but exceptions happen. Olive skin types are easy to look after, but it does not mean that you should do nothing to keep your tone even and complexion healthy.
Tips And Tricks For Olive Skin
- Exfoliate it regularly.
- Do not use scrubs with nut shells not to damage your skin and unintentionally darken it.
- Do not use harsh chemicals such as glycolic acid on your skin.
5. Rich Tan Brown Skin
Brown-skinned people are blessed with a rich and natural tan but that does not means that sun does not affect them. Of course, they rarely undergo sunburns, but they tan fast. That is why if brown is your complexion you should better learn how to tend to it properly.
Tips And Tricks For Brown Skin
- Even though your skin is naturally tanned it does not mean that you should not use sunblock.
- Regular exfoliation is the key to your perfect look.
- Do not forget about moisturizing.
- Stay hydrated.
6. Impressive Magic Of Dark Skin
One of the benefits of dark skin is that you will never get a sunburn, but you still are susceptible to tan. Yet, the main disadvantage lies in the high possibility of uneven tone. That may happen even due to the smallest scratch that is why you should be extremely careful.
Tips And Tricks For Dark Skin
- You should regularly exfoliate your skin.
- Use brightening and hydrating mask on a regular basis to even your tone.
- Do not use abrasive scrubs not to cause discoloration to your tone.
- Do not forget about the mild sunblock.
7. Skin Type Categories
There is one more differentiation when it comes to your skin. Apart from your tone and undertone, there is a skin type according to the water content, oil content, and sensitivity.
- Normal Skin is something in-between too dry or too oily. That is why there are barely any imperfections visible. Complexion is even and not too sensitive.
- Combination Skin has a tendency to have some oily areas and some dry ones. Complexion is usually shiny.
- Oily Skin is oily all over and is prone to large pores and blackheads. The complexion is shiny.
- Dry Skin is rough but has no visible pores. It is dry and not very elastic therefore all the lines are more visible.
- Sensitive Skin is easy to irritate. The irritation presents itself in the form of redness, itching, burning or dryness.
Are these tips useful? Come check some more! With us you will become a pro in no time!
Main photo by Krishkreations