Learn To Tame Contour Lines With Our Help In A Blink Of An Eye
Contour lines are not to be neglected if you wish to look perfect no matter where you go. The thing is that not so many people are lucky enough to have ideal features. In most cases, it is only the power of makeup that grants you that fabulous and flawless look. In case you think that you are ready to learn how to draw contour lines you have come to the right place. Our goal is not only to supply you with a contour makeup tutorial for beginners but also to make sure that you understand every tiny detail and that you are able to replicate all these types of contour makeup with the least of time and efforts spent!
Click Next to learn more useful info and pin key points.
Basic Rules And Tips For You
Source: Dressyourface via Instagram
When it comes to how to contour there are a few things you need to know in the first place:
- Your undertone matters greatly, so the first thing you should do is to determine whether cool, warm or neutral it is.
- When it comes to your highlighter it is supposed to be only one tone lighter than your skin tone, while contour shade should be a tone darker than your skin.
- It is also important to figure out how much shimmer would you like to be on. The lesser the shimmer more natural will be the look and vice versa.
- Both highlighter and contour productions come as cream and as a powder. If you have dry skin – creamy texture it is and if you have oily skin – you should better choose a powdery texture.
- You can also use your bronzer or foundation that only two tones darker than your complexion as a contour.
- You can use your eyeshadow as a highlighter as well, only if it is a tone lighter than your complexion.
Contour Lines Part 1 – Create Natural Shadowing With Contouring Makeup
Source: Dressyourface via Instagram, Brittanybearmakeup via Instagram, Brittanybearmakeup via Instagram
If you think about contour makeup you come to the understanding that it is all about where you put it. So let’s have a closer look at how to contour your face step by step, shall we?
Forehead – it is important to add some contour to the edges of your forehead, make sure that you apply it in a thin line just beneath the hairline. Blend the color lightly as you do down to your eyebrows.
Cheeks – you need to suck your cheeks in so that you see your cheek hollows clearly. Once you see the outline – contour it! Make sure you do not go all the way to your mouth.
Nose – add thin vertical lines to each side of the bridge of your nose.
Jawline – you can outline the whole jawline chin included.
Eye creases – you can add some contour to your creases as well, but that is optional.
Contour Lines Part 2 – Bring Forward Prominent Features With Highlighting Makeup
Highlighting is as important as contour lines makeup it is also all about the proper placement.
Forehead – it is important to add some highlighter to the middle of your forehead, just right there where your eyebrows part. Yet, it is highly important not to highlight between the eyebrows themselves.
Nose – add a thin line of highlighter the middle of your nose bridge, going down to the tip of your nose.
Cheeks – emphasize your natural cheekbones with some highlighter as well.
Lips – add a little bit of highlighter to your Cupid’s bow, right about your upper lip.
Contour Lines Part 3 – Final Touches: Blend And Blush
Apart from all the types of contour lines and highlighting techniques, there is something else you should take into consideration. What we have in mind is blending. The thing is that even if you complete your contouring makeup tutorial precisely but all the lines are noticeable – it is no good, trust us. That is why in case you are using creamy products it is better to blend with your clean fingers, but with powdery ones, it is a lot better to work with brushes.
Last but not least, you should never forget about the blush. Even a touch of blush will add that special brightness and freshness to your look. Keep it in mind!
Are these tips useful? Come check some more! With us you will become a pro in no time!
Main photo by Jadeywadey180