Dry Lips Are Not The Issue If You Know These Easy Remedies
Many of us have faced the issue of dry lips at least few times throughout the course of our lives. Of course, that feeling is anything but pleasant and very often it is pretty painful. The reason why our lips dry out are different, anything on the scale from weather conditions to licking your lips too often can lead to such an outcome. That is why it is highly essential to keep your lips properly exfoliated and moisturized. What is more, dry and chapped lips look not that attractive we think that most of you will agree on that. Taking all that into consideration we have decided to treat you with a fair share of homemade remedies which will help you deal with the issue and will make your lips look gorgeous and irresistible all the time!
Click Next to learn more useful info and pin key points.
Sugar Like Home Remedy For Dry Lips
Source: mali maeder via Pexels
The first thing you need to do to start off your dry lips treatment is to get rid of dead cells. Exfoliation is one of the most crucial steps to restore your natural lip beauty, and you need only one product to succeed with it – sugar!
- Mix some sugar with honey to create a thick paste.
- Apply it to your lips.
- Leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Lightly massage your lips to get rid of dead cells.
- Wash your lips with warm water.
Honey – it’s a great moisturizer
Source: stevepb via Pixabay
The best way how to cure chapped lips fast is to moisturize them well. The most efficient and natural way is to use honey for this purpose. You have to make sure that honey is organic.
- Apply some honey to your lips and repeat the action a few times a day.
- To achieve an even better result mix honey with glycerin and use it every time you are going to bed.
Rose Petals For Dry Lips
Source: jill111 via Pixabay
Roses are not only gorgeous but also very useful when it comes to dealing with dry lips. Especially useful are rose petals and here is how you can use them to your advantage:
- Take a handful of petals and wash them.
- Soak them in milk for about few hours.
- Mash them to get a paste.
- Apply them to your lips a few times a day or once a day before going to bed.
- You will be amazed by the softness of your lips as well as the enhanced color!
Coconut Oil For Dry Lips
Source: freestockpro.com via Pexels
There are many magical properties that coconut oil possesses and helping to cure your chapped lips is one of them. The process is very simple – just apply coconut oil to your lips few times a day as a regular lip balm. That is it. Enjoy!
Castor Oil Is A Great For Dry Lips
Source: couleur via Pixabay
As well as coconut oil for chapped lips you can use castor oil instead. You can apply it whenever your lips feel dry during the day or:
- Mix some castor oil with glycerin and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Blend it well.
- Apply the mixture to your lips before going to bed.
- Wash it off with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat until your lips are healed.
Milk Cream For Dry Lips
Source: george desipris via Pexels
One of the practical uses of milk is that you can use it to treat your dry lips. All you need to do is to apply some milk to your lips for about ten minutes and wash it off. If you repeat it daily, the results will be noticeable in no time!
Classic Aloe Vera
Many positive things have been already said about Aloe Vera and when it comes to healing anything – there is nothing more effective than aloe Vera gel. But there is a side effect – it does not taste very well. In case you are ready to put up with that all you need to do is to apply some gel on your lips daily to help the healing process and to enjoy your smooth and flawless pout!
Tips For Dry Lips
When you know how to treat dry lips, it is also essential to understand how to prevent that from happening at all.
- Lip balm – is a must for those who wish their lips to look flawless no matter what. But you have to choose it carefully depending on your needs, whether you need sun protection, protection against cold or little moisturizing – keep it in mind while choosing your perfect balm.
- Moisturizing – should be not only from the outside but from the inside too. That means that you need something that keeps the moisture in longer and all kinds of petroleum jelly are best at that.
- Hydration – water is what all of your organs need most, and your lips are not the exception that is why it is highly essential that you drink enough of water throughout the day.
- Protection is the one thing that should never skip your mind if you wish to look gorgeous no matter the season outside.
Are these tips useful? Come check some more! With us you will become a pro in no time!
Main photo by Jocelynnickel