The Best DIY Methods On How To Make Lipstick Matte
Do you want to know how to make lipstick matte without spending a fortune? Then our article will give you all the answers. Various methods will help you to keep up with one of the biggest trends in make-up industry. You will not need to buy an expensive matte lipstick after reading our tips and tricks on how to make your lips matte, as you will be able to turn your glossy lipstick into matte in a matter of seconds. Follow our easy steps and enjoy the results.
Click Next to learn more useful info and pin key points.
Method With Paper And Powder For How To Make Lipstick Matte
Try one of the easiest and most popular methods on the Internet and know for sure how to matte your lips. Do not be afraid for your lipstick to lose its moisturizing effect, as the best benefit of a tissue-powder method is its ability to make you lipstick matte without drying your lips. Follow our step-to-step instructions to get impressive results.
- Put your favorite glossy lipstick all over your beautiful lips (make sure to spread it evenly to not repeat the process of mattifying all over again). You can use a lip liner to make sure your lipstick stays in place.
- Take a small piece of a tissue and put it on your lips in order to get off the excess glossiness and color.
- Carefully remove the piece of the tissue paper from your lips (sometimes that will already get you a matte finish on your lips. Mostly depends on the type of lipstick you use).
- Spread a bit of translucent powder with the help of a make-up brush on top of your lips coated in the product ( don’t panic if you can’t see the powder on your lips, it means it has already started working on soaking up the excess lip paint).
- Carefully press your beautiful lips together. This will help the powder to spread all over. Do it for as much time as needed until you notice the color on your lips to be matte everywhere.
Mattifying Lip Serum. How To Make Lipstick Matte
If you ever wandered around beauty stores and couldn’t get what a mattifying lip serum was, we would be glad to explain to you. More and more makeup companies introduce to the market a magic product that is said to make any lipstick you love matte. How to use it? Here are the instructions.
- Apply some lip product you prefer onto your lips after lining your lips with a lip pencil.
- Add some serum on top, and voila, your matte lipstick is ready.
How To Make Matte Lipstick With Mattifying Primer
You may be surprised with this way of making lipstick matte at home and believe me we had the same reaction! A hack that will save your money and time will be definitely your favorite one. Seems that the mattifying primer that you use for the skin of your face also may work on your lipstick! Make sure it contains dimethicone and silicone. They are proved to be truly safe mattifying ingredients for use on lips. Do not doubt and try it! Apply a light but even layer of lipstick all over your full lips and add some primer on top. Put products on each other, but do not mix them together to prevent pilling.
How To Make Matte Lipstick With Blotting Paper
Source: alexmarieartistry via Instagram, alexmarieartistry via Instagram, alexmarieartistry via Instagram
It is not a secret that you can also use some oil absorbing face tissue paper to get a matte lip. Try it yourself and reassure yourself, how these face tissues will do their job on your lips. Spread the blotting face paper over your painted lips and carefully press onto the middle to not get your lipstick outside your lip liner. Such face blotting paper has been introduced to people to help them get away excess oil and get the shine off their faces during the day, but we know that it works not only for skin but for your lips too. Do you want to try it?
How To Make Matte Lipstick With Eyeshadow
Don’t want to lighten your dark lipstick with the translucent powder? Then this hack is for you! Sometimes the translucent powder might make your lipstick appear lighter than you want it to be. We have the way on how to solve this problem! Choose eyeshadow similar to the color of your lipstick and apply it to get a dark matte lip with the help of your makeup brush. This method is perfect for those who prefer grungy makeup looks. Put a tissue under your lips to avoid eyeshadow falling onto your chin and messing up your foundation.
Are these tips useful? Come check some more! With us you will become a pro in no time!
Main photo by Ashleyswagnerxo